The procurement process is defined as the steps a company needs to follow to get supplies and services necessary and facilitate a continuous supply chain with no disruptions
There are a lot of versions of how the procurement process must be, some of them divide in steps, some around cycles, and some with 5, 7 or 9 different activities. A simple procurement process includes the following steps:
• Creating requisitions.
• Request of authorization.
• Look for suppliers.
• Bring the Purchase Order to a close.
• Receipt of Invoice and Payment.
• The Order's Delivery and Audit.
• Maintaining a complete and accurate record of all invoices.